Friday, September 25, 2015

Not in the mood...but need some food...Hurry up scramble eggs!

Hey everyone. Its another day starting, and although I would rather still be tucked under the covers with my cat, I gotta push myself and get up...I haven't been in the mood lately to cook, guess its the changing season. I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same.

I know I have to eat, so I brought out one of my quickie recipes to share,  Hurry up scrambled eggs.
These are quick, easy, and just right for a total of 1...

Ingredients:

1 egg and 2 egg whites
dash of water
dash of hot sauce , optional
chopped chives, optional
salt & pepper to taste
cooked ham chunks, optional
shredded cheese, optional
fresh spinach, optional
Directions:

Whisk the eggs and water together. Add chives, salt & pepper, cooked ham chunks, shredded cheese, fresh spinach, the sky is the limit. Pour into a mug lightly sprayed with Pam.

Microwave for 30 seconds, check to see if done, cook in 30 second increments if needed until done.
This is a quick meal, quick cleanup, and pretty filling, even on those hectic days. I like to top mine with a scoop of cottage cheese and some salsa. Yum.

This has saved me many times from eating something bad when I was hungry and in a hurry to eat.
So I hope you enjoy, and will leave a comment as to what  you like to add to yours.

Till next time....have a great GF week!!!
Sharon 

No comments:

Buckwheat - Gluten Free -- Grass Free

 Buckwheat, which is actually not in the wheat family at all, has somehow gotten a bad rap over the years. I personally have avoided it basi...